According to the American Psychological Association (APA), you may want to consider speaking with a
licensed therapist or counselor if…
• You feel an overwhelming, prolonged sense of helplessness and sadness.
• Your problems fail to resolve or improve despite your efforts and help from family and friends.
• You find it difficult to concentrate on work assignments or conduct everyday activities.
• You worry excessively, expect the worst, or remain constantly on edge.
• Your actions, such as drinking too much alcohol, using drugs, or being aggressive, harm yourself or others.
• Licensed Clinician’s areas of expertise often do extend into that of a Life Coach but each profession practices a different modality.
You may benefit from the support of a Life Coach if…
• You feel lost or confused about your purpose or next steps in life.
• You are afraid to try something new (even though it’s something you’re genuinely interested in).
• You feel constant stress, self-doubt and succumb to the “you shoulds” imposed by family and friends.
• Your happiness and forward momentum are constantly derailed by limiting beliefs, old patterns,
• You have a goal or vision but lack the focus, organization, and clarity necessary to form an action
• You want to make changes to your personal or professional life such as improvements to health
and wellness, personal relationships, spirituality, career, time management, or work/life
• You procrastinate or have difficulty completing tasks from start to finish.
• You are facing or currently going through a major life transition.